With only a few days left for this year to end, people around the world are probably sitting at home, writing that dreaded note-to-self; The New Year’s Resolutions.
What am I doing? – The exact same thing!
Although I have never really, actually written one before, I’ve always thought about it. This time around though, I really want to know if I can follow through. So I’m writing it; posting it on my vision board.
New Year’s Resolutions, to me, are like diet plans. (Although, diet plans SHOULD be included in my resolutions… eh) Diet plans are always made, daily even, but we never really stay with them. Same with the resolutions.
Anyway, I don’t even know why people created these “resolutions”. I wonder if the guys who created it actually followed through themselves. Who knows…
So now, I want to change ALL of that this time around. I have a lot of plans for 2012 and sticking to plans is one of them. I have the best full-time job ever, which I’d like to give full attention to. I’m a full-time Masters student; also would like to give full attention. So all the BS in my life, gotstogo!
1. Enough laziness. Seriously! I’ve never felt lazier in my life before. My room is a freakin mess, my closet, don’t even get me started! I’ve stopped working out, and I haven’t done my MBA assignment that my group asked me to submit last week. I’m not writing for my blog… (Well, I just did the last one so that counts as one. 😉 )
2. Time management. I need to manage my time well. Since I have a lot of things on my plate, I need to allocate enough time so none of them feel left out. 🙂
3. Let go of negative energy. I’ve had a lot of negative energy floating around me by the end of 2011-and still some right now. I usually post these kinds of statuses on my wall, like “let go of the past…” blah blah blah, and now I say, “do I practice what I preach?” ->Need to.
4. Format myself. (At least that’s how Deep Ethiopian puts it.) Refresh, recreate, restart, format or whatever else that I can think of…
5. Concentrate on ME. That’s something that I need to do more often. It’s always about making them happy or satisfied, but what about me?
6. Have fun. I always do this one right. Just wanted to include it anyway.
7. Stop expecting things from people. I think it’s because I feel that I do a lot for people that I should get at least one thing in return. (But look where that got me…) I hear that’s it’s when you do things for people and expect nothing that it is actually called Giving… so…
8. Miscellaneous. Blog more. Party more. Love more. Take pictures more. Attend events more… Everything, more. 🙂
Anyway, here is my list for now. I hope I continue this as things change in the future. Insha’Allah, with HIM on my side, I shall overcome it all. I have a lot planned for 2012…
Here I come…